Monday, July 7, 2014

It's All About the Socks (Apparently)

I have finally finished my Narcissa socks. They were an adventure, to say the least. I do not love doing the picot cuff, but it looks pretty. The pattern repeat didn't work too well with my usual method of sock knitting - magic loop on circular needles.

It just didn't divide well, so for sock #2, I sucked it up and got a set of dpns (lovely ones from KnitPicks - Caspian - loved working with them) and put each repeat on a needle of its own. Having the work divided over three needles did the trick, and the leg of sock 2 went very well. (I'll admit that I switched back to my trusty Sock Rockets for the heel and foot... )  They've had their bath in Soak Wash and are blocked and dry and ready to wait for cooler weather.

Next up... Fred and George, also from the Unofficial Harry Potter magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment