Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Fred and George have a bath

Fred and George have had their bath (much to Molly Weasley's delight, I imagine) and are drying outside. I say that with great optimism, because the weather is foolishly humid, and it might take quite some time before they're dry enough to take their place in my sock drawer.

I really enjoyed making these socks (once I got past worrying about how much slack to leave on the yarn carry-overs.) They went quickly, and will be a joy to wear this winter. I plan to break them out December 1 and wear them, often, all month.

Next up... Dragon's Egg Socks from the same Unofficial Harry Potter Knits magazine. I've cast on using KnitPicks Stroll Fingering in Sunset Multi. I made a huge mistake, thought. I cast on last night, did the suggested inch of cuff and jumped right into the Quidditch chart. After doing an entire 25 rows of the chart, I went back to see when the 2nd chart was to be knit - the one on the following page. Whoops. That "next" chart was supposed to be knit BEFORE the Quidditch chart. Rip rip rip rip.   Oh well. It's all fun, right?
Fred and George Socks
Dragon's Egg Socks, after the ripping

No comments:

Post a Comment