Monday, February 4, 2013

WinterFest

My BKF and I took our kids (Well, I took the younger of my two. The teen declared that it was just too cold out for her to go.) to Winterfest at The Lands at Hillside Farms. Alpacas were pet, chickens were chased, ponies were ridden... the girls even braved the "stinky" cow barn and were rewarded with calves!

There were ice sculptures and ducks to see, and even a woman spinning some Alpaca fluff. L, who is nearly 10, was quite pleased to be included in the "oh, we're spinners, too" statement.  She was thrilled with all the animals - from the cows to the barn cats. We'll be watching for more programs from this farm. It was a lot of fun for all of us - moms, two year old and pre-teens alike.









Love this chicken. Makes me want a backyard coop!

One of the ponies near the barn - not the one L got to ride.


This old greenhouse made me want to shoot artsy photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment