Monday, February 18, 2013

Second Sock Syndrome

Sock one. Dog in the background
hoping for a treat.
I love knitting socks, and have never suffered from second sock syndrome. Until now.

I am forcing myself to make the second sock. I don't like this pattern. It's not a bad pattern. It's well written. It's creating a very pretty sock. Great designer. But it has a yarn over at the end of two of the rows in the lace pattern. I hate that. It's making me crazy. I was trying to do the pattern as written - needles included - since it's from the Sock Knitters Master Class book. The yo at the end of the row on 4 double point needles was making me pretty stabby. Not a good place to be when you're already holding little weapons. I switched to my standard circular needle and it's better now.

The upside, is that I love the Knit Picks yarn I chose. 

Of course (never fails), the birthday for which these socks are being knit is approaching very quickly. Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment