Monday, November 4, 2013

Let the Holiday Knitting Race Begin

It's November. How did that happen? Wasn't it just yesterday that I was frantically finishing a Rhinebeck sweater? The weather has turned. We've had to fire up the heating system. The brilliantly colored leaves I look at daily out my kitchen window are gone - casualties of the windy weekend.

I don't mind the colder weather. I like snuggling up in my knits and flannels. I love wearing all my hand-knit wool socks. Fall is my favorite season, and Thanksgiving may be my favorite holiday. But it's also Holiday Knitting Season. This year, my dear Harry Potter {Books more than the movies} obsessed 10 year old daughter is getting a Weasley Sweater. The back is done. The front is half done. I cannot wait to see it finished. I have visions of wrapping it in brown kraft paper, tying it with twine and topping it with a stuffed owl before tucking it under the tree.

Once that's done, I'll be back to the monumental task of knitting up the Fort sweater for my dear {6'2"} husband. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment