Friday, October 18, 2013

Fiber Overload

Thursday. Arrived at Dutchess County Fairgrounds for our pre-NYSW festival class. Beautiful day, piles of luscious fiber in a pile in the center of a circle of whirring spinning wheels. It was a great class taught by Jillian Moreno. I know so much more about yarn construction now.

Then it was back to the hotel room for some pizza and knitting. Our brains were full! 




Friday Morning:
My eyes open with a random thought. I grab my phone from the nightstand and do a quick check in the map App.
Me: You know... Web's is only 2 hours away.
Pause
StringthingGirl: Let's do it. {it's her birthday today, btw} That's what we're doing today.

A few hours later, we crossed the threshold.

I know why people say "I was high on yarn fumes" 
Yarn. Yarn. Needles. Spinning supplies. More Yarn. Amy Herzog.

Yup. Spotted the lovely creator of CustomFit in the check-out line. I'm a few rows from being done with the first sleeve. Not in time for the festival tomorrow, but I didn't think it would be done.

Spent some time this evening plotting tomorrow's fun. Can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment