Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Spinning... the Next Generation


I took my youngest with me to the fiber show, and the one thing she really wanted was her own drop spindle. She's really getting the hang of park and draft, and since that photo was taken, she's finished all her "sample" fluff, plied the singles and dyed the yarn. It's dry, just waiting to be rolled up and knit. We're going to use my biggest needles and make a headband, I think. Can't wait. Her older sister also wanted to learn, so I cleared off my old spindle, found some of the roving I brought home from The Mannings, and started to teach her. She loves it, too. Sigh. The order from Paradise Fibers arrived the other day and is split between the three of us. I got superwash... I can't wait to spin for socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment