Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall = Socks

Fall. Autumn. I love it. I love the cool, crisp mornings. I love my morning run where I can see my breath and am not bogged down by humidity. I love how it warms up during the day, but then cools down again at night, allowing for sleeping snuggled under covers. Fall is candy corn season. The kids go back to school. So many things to love about Fall.

Most of all, though, I love pulling out my knits. Socks. Hand-knit socks. Who knew they'd be so wonderful. (turns out, a whole lot of people!)

I'm never going to knit socks, I'd thought to myself, seeing my mom knit with those tiny needles. That's just crazy. Then I saw the Double Heelix socks and I knew I was sunk. I learned to knit socks. My third pair ever was the magical Double Heelix socks. I love them. I am hooked. I now have enough socks that I didn't wear a single pair of "regular" socks all season last year. (ok...except for the socks that I wear to the gym)

What do you love best about Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment