Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Slip-n-Slide


The call of the Sock Knitting Master Class book was too great. I'd drooled over it for too long. The Hitchhiker shawl only used about 8 rows of the 2nd skein of yarn, so what else do you do with the 'left over' yarn but make socks! I'm a bit farther than that now - after last night's Bones marathon with the cop who was unexpectedly off work last night. I'm about to start the heel. Exciting stuff.

Of course, these days, Slip and Slide is more than the name of a fabulous sock pattern. It snowed last night. Again. Happily, it was only a few inches of powdery fluff - stuff I could sweep off the steps with a broom. Miracle of miracles, our road is in better shape than most in the city right now. This never happens. Usually we wait for days for the appearance of a plow. I am just really happy that the cop gave in and allowed me my 'dream car'.  I'd missed my Blazer a lot. ::a lot:: I've used the 4wd on my new baby many times already this season - including today - just to get traction on the slick snow-covered high school driveway. I'd had a bad feeling about weather this season. The last few years have been too tame. We're due. At least I can enjoy it a little again now that I have an appropriate vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment